OS HDD overloaded after backup config

SAR33

Jan 30, 2013
Dear Proxmox staff,

first thx for your great product :)
Then i have come across a problem douring configuration Proxmox v1.9. Yes i know it's outdated and i wanted to update the server's to the latest version soon. I have here 2 servers running in a HA, im new in this company and got word that the file servers are very slow. After a deeper look onto the web interface of Proxmox i realized that the Master of the HA was online but the VM was not running and i activated the VM. In first so far everything went fine and my first test with to copy some dummy files on the file servers and back gaved me a good result.

At least i wanted to set the auto backup function to have some fresh VM dumps for the update later. And there it started, something have filled up the OS partition's of the servers and they got async. Then i connected via ssh to the master and used
Code:
qm shutdown all
which spided out some error message about the overfilled file system but it stoped then. At least i wanted to reboot the server and used
Code:
shutdown
on the file server it self which doesnt worked.

And there i am. I allready tried to find out where thoes big files are and explored the file system of the server via ssh but till yet i couldn't find something. Now the first file server is unvalaible via ssh but he ping's back and on the second file server i found a backup but no other big files as well.

Any suggestion what went wrong after to setup the backup function ? Or how i can savety clean the OS partition to make the server available again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!