Problem with cluster.rng -fencing for cisco_mds

gigel589

Jan 29, 2013
I'm trying to use fence_cisco_mds to fence an unresponsive node cutting access to storage. I've read the part about fencing on proxmox and I think I've pinpointed the problem to the cluster.rng file in /usr/share/cluster/

cluster.conf looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster name="Cluster-VMS" config_version="5">

<cman keyfile="/var/lib/pve-cluster/corosync.authkey">
</cman>

<clusternodes>
<clusternode name="athos" votes="1" nodeid="1">
<fence>
<method name="off">
<device name="fence_mds" action="off" port="fc1/15"/>
<device name="fence_mds" action="off" port="fc1/16"/>
</method>
</fence>
</clusternode>
<clusternode name="aramis" votes="1" nodeid="2">
<fence>
<method name="off">
<device name="fence_mds" action="off" port="fc1/12"/>
</method>
</fence>
</clusternode>
<clusternode name="portos" votes="1" nodeid="3">
<fence>
<method name="off">
<device name="fence_mds" action="off" port="fc1/11"/>
</method>
</fence>
</clusternode>
</clusternodes>
<fencedevices>
<fencedevice agent="fence_cisco_mds" name="fence_mds" ip="10.1.1.2" community="community" />
</fencedevices>
</cluster>

the output from ccs_config_validate is :
Relax-NG validity error : Extra element fencedevices in interleave
tempfile:31: element fencedevices: Relax-NG validity error : Element cluster failed to validate content
Configuration fails to validate

I'm guessing the problem is with attribute ip and community. I've edited the cluster.rng file to add those attributes to fencedevices but the changes don't get saved. I've also tried to issue a ccs_update_schema but this didnt work either. Can someone tell me how to fix this? Also, is there a proper documentation for this ?

PS: I've run the fenced agent directly and it works so it must be from cluster.rng.

No. Why do you think the schema is wrong? Just replace 'ip' with 'ipaddr'

The manual page lists all options:

# man fence_cisco_mds

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I've managed to do the fence succesfully by adding ipaddr and community directly to the device section and it's working. Can you please tell me where I can get some more information regarding the inner workings of this? Or do I just need to look at the sources, strace and stuff like that?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!