USB Disk Passtrough problem

S

stiaga

Hi,
I'm trying to map a disk USB to a KVM machine.

I added in VM configuration file this line
usb0: host=1-1
and the virtual machine can see correctly the disk.

The issue is that when the VM (Windows 2012 server) tries to access to the USB disk it freezes and in syslog file of the host I see:

Jan 28 23:25:41 proxmox kernel: usb 1-1: reset high speed USB device number 7 using ehci_hcd
Jan 28 23:25:44 proxmox kernel: usb 1-1: reset high speed USB device number 7 using ehci_hcd
Jan 28 23:25:46 proxmox kernel: usb 1-1: reset high speed USB device number 7 using ehci_hcd
Jan 28 23:25:47 proxmox kernel: usb 1-1: reset high speed USB device number 7 using ehci_hcd
Jan 28 23:25:49 proxmox kernel: usb 1-1: reset high speed USB device number 7 using ehci_hcd
Jan 28 23:25:52 proxmox kernel: usb 1-1: reset high speed USB device number 7 using ehci_hcd
Jan 28 23:25:52 proxmox kernel: usb 1-1: reset high speed USB device number 7 using ehci_hcd

Seems that also the host tries to access to the device.

The output of 'info usbhost' is:

Bus 2, Addr 2, Port 2, Speed 1.5 Mb/s
Class 00: USB device 046d:c00c, USB Optical Mouse
Bus 2, Addr 3, Port 7, Speed 12 Mb/s
Class 00: USB device 0d8c:0201, PnP Audio Device
Bus 1, Addr 7, Port 1, Speed 480 Mb/s
Class 00: USB device 048d:8903, USB TO IDE
Auto filters:
Bus 1, Addr *, Port 1, ID *:*

and the output of 'info usb' is:

qm> info usb
Device 0.1, Port 6, Speed 12 Mb/s, Product QEMU USB Tablet
Device 0.2, Port 1, Speed 480 Mb/s, Product USB TO IDE

Could you be so kind to help me to solve this issue???

Thanks!!

Fausto.

Try a different USB device - is a flash drive. I had the same issue with 1 western digital passport, and I think it is failing, because access times were very high on a normal PC, sometimes it would take 10-20 seconds to show the list of files. I tried another 500gb and 3tb drive, and both worked fine in passthrough. - running pve 2.2-32

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!