Console Crashes

matthew

Renowned Member
Jul 28, 2011
I keep trying having my browser crash when I try to pull up a console on a VM. I am running Win7 64 bit with Java 7 32 bit with latest updates. Proxmox is updated to latest version with aptitude. Everytime I try it IE crashes. I have tried Chrome and Firefox as well. Any ideas?

Browser still crashes. Is there a way to get to the console of an openvz VM through SSH?

What browser are you runing?

What permssions do you have on your W7 box and you have the anoying windows UCE turned off.

A suggestion, clear all browser cache files and reset IE to default. Then uninstall your java both x32 and x64. Reboot, install Firefox. Install java for both IE and Firefox for plugins.

On IE 9 make sure that you have compatibility mode set and running for the url of your proxmox box. You my even want to put the url for the proxmox server on the trusted site and drop all permssions to low for trusted site and put the certificate in trusted site.

Turn off all antivirus and turn off Windows Defender. Quite often you can have overlapping antivirus on a windows 7 box and I have seen for example Kasparksy and Windows Defender conflict and create some interesting problems when browsing sites.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!