Openvz Reinstall/Change OS Template

bpvarsity

Nov 2, 2012
Anyone know how either I or the user can reinstall their openvz vps OS/template. There doesnt seem to be a way to edit/change the template. Many users that I have one solusvm like to try different OS and would like the ability to change when they want. I dont see that option in proxmox for them or even me which has full admin rights. Do i have to do it via cmd line and edit the conf file?

Thanks

We do not have such function currently.

Do you know if and when you will include this feature? Also another big thing is bandwidth tracking. I dont see a way of setting a limit or even tracking/seeing what the usage is.

Thanks

I never thought about this, but yes, there should be an option for "ordinary" users to do that. Implementationwise this should not be that hard and as Dietmar already stated: patches are welcome.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!