To PVE teem: two requests (bug and small improvement)

cesarpk

Mar 31, 2012
Hi PVE team, i want to do two requests:

1 (the Bug) - when by PVE GUI I upload the iso file installer 1 (DVD) of Centos 6.3 x86_64 to PVE (that is fully updated), the VM don't boot with this iso and show me error messages, after by other mean copy the iso file and the VM boot perfect with this iso.

Question: Is it possible to fix this bug?

2- (small improvement) - PVE 1.x have the option for the console GUI "default language" and PVE 2.x don't have this option.

Question: Is it possible to add this feature on the GUI of PVE 2.x?
... In this way I will not have to select my language each time you income.

In any case I am delighted with PVE...congratulations for the excellent and very professional work

Best regards
Cesar

1 (the Bug) - when by PVE GUI I upload the iso file installer 1 (DVD) of Centos 6.3 x86_64 to PVE (that is fully updated), the VM don't boot with this iso and show me error messages,

what error message?

2- (small improvement) - PVE 1.x have the option for the console GUI "default language" and PVE 2.x don't have this option.

Question: Is it possible to add this feature on the GUI of PVE 2.x?
... In this way I will not have to select my language each time you income.

The language is store with a cookie (browser side), so that should not be required.

what error message?
The language is store with a cookie (browser side), so that should not be required.

Hi Dietmar

Thank you for your prompt response.

1- About of the error message:
Shows me (only if I by PVE GUI upload the iso file bin installer):

Booting from CD/DVD...

ISOLINUX 4.9.2 2010-07-21 ETCD Copyright (c) 1994-2010 N. Peter Avin et al
EDD: Error 0c00 reading sector 2007639
No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!
boot:

The image of screen:
centos-error-boot.JPG

2- About of store with a cookie: The problem is that in this world we live very commercial, and many Web Servers tracking your browsing habits reviewing your cookies for insert in your Web Browser unwanted publicity, and obviously this is not nice, so as a precaution, most users configure your browser to delete your cookies when you close the Web Browser.

For this reason I consult if you can add this option.

Waiting for your answers I said see you soon.

Best regards
Cesar

EDD: Error 0c00 reading sector 2007639

Maybe the iso is damaged? Please check the md5sum.

The problem is that in this world we live very commercial, and many Web Servers tracking your browsing habits reviewing your cookies for insert in your Web Browser unwanted publicity, and obviously this is not nice, so as a precaution, most users configure your browser to delete your cookies when you close the Web Browser.

There are planes to extend the system to store default setting, but for now we use cookies to store the language.

Maybe the iso is damaged? Please check the md5sum.
There are planes to extend the system to store default setting, but for now we use cookies to store the language.

Wow, that quick response!

1- About of the error message:
I see the size of the iso files and I view different sizes:

With upload the file "CentOS-6.3-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso" by PVE GUI : 3328147456 bytes
With copy the file "CentOS-6.3-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso" by Samba client: 4289386496 bytes

Note: Tested with the same source, target, hardware, network, etc, etc.

2- About of store with a cookie: i will waiting for to extend the system to store default setting. Thank's PVE teem

Waiting for your answers I said see you soon.

Best regards
Cesar

Appendix:
(About of upload iso files in PVE GUI)
1- When i uploaded small ISOs files, I had no problems
2- I uploaded the "CentOS-6.3-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso" iso file many times and always had problems.
3- The problem with the upload iso files of large sizes by PVE GUI for me have a long history of problems and very repetitive in his different versions (not all). Please do not take it as a complaint, but rather as a council to improve the product. I want (like you), that PVE be the best!!! and a product without bugs, and as I said earlier, I am delighted with PVE due the excellent and very professional work realized.

Last edited:
3- The problem with the upload iso files of large sizes by PVE GUI for me have a long history of problems and very repetitive in his different versions (not all).

Most likely this bug is browser related. Please can you test with another browser?

Most likely this bug is browser related. Please can you test with another browser?

Thanks Dietmar

I use Firefox ver. 18.0.1, this is the latest version.

What browser and version I should test?

Best regards
Cesar

the "workaround" presented in that bug is still valid tho, and in my opinion even a flatout better way to upload images/containers - for containers especially since downloading them from some repository only to upload em to proxmox afterwards is a very roundabout way. downloading templates onto the server with wget/ftp or scp (if the template/s you want is/are on a different node in your own network) is usually a much faster way of doing what you want.

if thats directed at me: I do and I agree that I could use that too after applying the community-made patch to make it show amd64 templates. But in this case it comes down to a matter of personal preference whereas I prefer to enter a command to the shell instead of clicking 1-3 buttons in a GUI to do the same thing :)

just a small hint: if you use the gui, the download is automatically checked for completeness. if you use wget, you need to check the download manually.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!