Network configuration, need help.

alexei_y

Jan 26, 2013
Pls help to solve a problem. We have server with 2 physical adapters, after installing Proxmox, I found that only one is active, eth0, I add to bridge the second one, after rebooting server all adapters are active through bridge interface, but VM lost connection with Internet. Why it happens.

Pls help to solve a problem. We have server with 2 physical adapters, after installing Proxmox, I found that only one is active, eth0, I add to bridge the second one, after rebooting server all adapters are active through bridge interface, but VM lost connection with Internet. Why it happens.

Hi,
do you use eth0 and eth1 on the bridge vmbr0?? Or do you create another bridge (like vmbr1 or vmbr20) with eth1 as bridged device?

On the first, you must create an bond with eth0+eth1 and use this bond (like bond0) as bridged interface for vmbr0. Depends on the type of the bond, you must also use the right config on the switch-side.

Perhaps you can post the network-config (/etc/network/interfaces) for clarification.

And see here: http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Network_Model

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!