Migrate Virtualbox VM (Debian 6.0.6) to Proxmox

planet-itservices

Jan 24, 2013
Hi Guys,

I'm about to migrate a Virtualbox VM (it's an Debian Machine) into a Proxmox Host, but I've no idea how to do this...

Uploading the .qcow2 to the lvm (we have an SAN with iSCSI attached to the Hostsystem) fails with "Can't upload...etc".
My last idea was to boot the Virtualbox with an Live Linux and boot the Proxmox VM with an Live Linux and then cloning the HD with dd -if=/dev/sda -of=ssh@"DHCP-IP" (the Proxmox VM) but that will take a long time...

So is there solution without cloning with dd?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,
Planet ITservices

Uploading the .qcow2 to the lvm (we have an SAN with iSCSI attached to the Hostsystem) fails with "Can't upload...etc".

This would appear to be your main problem because if you have already converted the virtualbox disk image to qcow2 the only step required is to create an empty KVM VM using a qcow2 disk image and simply overwrite that with your virtual box image thing.

Whats that error message / where is it coming from since it doesnt look like an scp/rsync error

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!