Permissions required to create the VM

zerkms

Jan 23, 2013
Hi

The proxmox used is: Version 2.1-1/f9b0f63a

What I need: to create a user with minimal possible set of permissions to create VMs (openvz) and destroy created VMs

What I've done: I've created a user with PVE authentication, for the testing added it to the Administrators group of the storage, but when I press the "Create CT" button and go through the VM creation wizard form, after I press "Finish" I'm getting "
Permission check failed (403)"

What have I missed?

Here it is.

Code:
user:tst-user@pve:1:0:Test:User:email@domain:*ONLY* for testing purposes:user:root@pam:1:0:::::

group:test::Testers:
group:developer::Developers:

acl:1:/storage/backup-tmp:tst-user@pve:Administrator,PVEVMAdmin:
acl:1:/storage/local:tst-user@pve:Administrator,PVEVMAdmin:
acl:1:/vms/118:tst-user@pve:Administrator:

Still couldn't solve it, hmmmmm. Seems like I'm missing something obvious

Code:
acl:1:/vms/118:tst-user@pve:Administrator:

Still couldn't solve it, hmmmmm. Seems like I'm missing something obvious

You just give permissions for /vms/118? You want:

Code:
acl:1:/vms:tst-user@pve:Administrator:

Not actually, I want to give the permissions sufficient to create new VMs (on a particular node or the whole cluster)

Btw, where can I find description for the all ACL paths, like /vms, /storage and others?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!