Brocade FC issue BL465c using newest kernel 2.6.32-17-pve

svacaroaia

Oct 4, 2012
Hi,

I am trying to configure a Proxmox cluster few HP BL465c G7 blades connected to a HP P2000 SAN

However, it seems that the latest kernel ( 2.6.32-17-pve ) is not playing nicely with the Brocade card as there is no connectivity with the SAN ( port shows no_sync)

Same hardware works fine with 2.6.32-7-pve

I have added manually ctfw.bin in /lib/firmware, run "update-initramfs -u" but this only prevent the "Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/ct2fw.bin for module bfa" from showing up

Here are more info:
lsmod | grep bfa
bfa 522784 0
scsi_transport_fc 55251 1 bfa

lspci | grep -i brocade
08:00.0 Fibre Channel: Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. 804 8Gbps FC HBA for HP Bladesystem c-class (rev 01)
08:00.1 Fibre Channel: Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. 804 8Gbps FC HBA for HP Bladesystem c-class (rev 01)

dmesg | grep -i brocade
Brocade BFA FC/FCOE SCSI driver - version: 3.0.2.2
scsi4 : Brocade FC/FCOE Adapter, hwpath: 0000:08:00.0 driver: 3.0.2.2
scsi6 : Brocade FC/FCOE Adapter, hwpath: 0000:08:00.1 driver: 3.0.2.2

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Note
I plugged the working blade in different bays with no problem so I am failry confident it is not an FC switch issue

Steven

Hi,

lsmod | grep bfa
bfa 522784 0
Hi Steven,
lsmod shows that bfa isn't in use...

If you do an "lspci -v" is as used driver bfa listed on the FC-Cards?

With "modinfo bpa" you see more firmwarefiles (perhaps need the new driver another file for this card?) and a lot of parameters.

Can't give more hints, because i have Qlogic-FC-Cards, which work well.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!